Kennedy´s murderer may be free – level 1
A sad event happens on 5th June, 1968. Sirhan Sirhan kills a US leader named Robert F. Kennedy. It happens in a hotel in California, US.
Sirhan goes to prison. He must stay there for the rest of his life. Sirhan is 77 years old now. He is in prison for 53 years.
It is possible that Sirhan can leave prison. He must promise he will not do any crimes.
Two of Kennedy´s sons agree with the idea. One son, Douglas Kennedy says that it is a chance for Sirhan to live a normal life.
A special board must check Sirhan´s situation. Then, the governor will decide what will happen with Sirhan.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.