Killer’s Message – level 1
A killer kills people in California, US, in the 1960s and 1970s. Police do not know who the killer is. The killer sends messages to journalists.
He writes about the murders. He says that he kills 37 people. Police confirm only five people. The killer sends four secret messages. Letters and pictures are in the messages. Police do not understand the messages. Experts try to read them. They solve only one secret message.
Last week, an Australian mathematician and two other men solve a second message. There is not much information about the killer. Police hope that they will know the killer’s name one day.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.