King Hezekiah’s seal – level 1
King Hezekiah was a biblical king. He ruled around 700 BC. He helped build Jerusalem into a big city.
Experts find his seal. They find it in Jerusalem’s Old City. His seal is made of clay.
Difficult words: was (past of “is”), rule (to be a king or a queen), BC (before Christ), seal (a piece of clay or wax with an individual design for protection), clay (mud that we use to make things).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this historical finding?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.