Lagoon Landing – level 1
The Chuuk Island is in Micronesia. A plane wants to land on the island. It is a Boeing 737. The plane does not land at an airport. It crash-lands in the lagoon.
There are 40–50 passengers on board. All of them survive. All of the crew survives, too.
Difficult words: lagoon (a lake that is seawater and is separate from the ocean), survive (to live after something bad happens), crew (the people who work on an aeroplane).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos