Lake in the Czech Republic – level 1
The Lipno Dam is in the Czech Republic. It is in the south of the country. It is very cold now in the Czech Republic. The lake freezes.
The locals want more tourists to come. They have an idea. They turn the lake into an ice skating track. Around 10,000 people visit.
Difficult words: dam (a wall which holds water to make a lake), freeze (turn to ice), locals (local people, people who live in the area), track (a way where you can do some type of sport).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.