Large landslide in China – level 1
It rains heavily in China. The earth is full of water. Land and rocks fall down a hill. This is called a landslide.
The earth covers four people. The people are not safe. Others come quickly to help. They find one person. This person goes to hospital. They cannot find three people.
Rocks still fall down. The area is unsafe. People must go away.
Difficult words: heavily (a lot), earth (ground in which plants grow), area (place), unsafe (not a good place to be).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Who is stronger? Man or nature?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.