Lego Helps Turtle – level 3
People found a turtle with multiple fractures on its shell, making healing difficult, but by working with a Lego enthusiast, the turtle received a custom wheelchair.
The Lego frame sits on wheels which help the turtle get off the ground, and epoxy resin, surgical wire, and plumber’s putty holds all of it in place.
The Maryland Zoo helped the injured wild Eastern Box Turtle recover while retaining its usual walking pace.
Difficult words: enthusiast (somebody who is enthusiastic about something – loves doing it very much), custom (specially made), epoxy resin (a type of glue), putty (a type of paste which you can give a shape before it gets hard), pace (speed).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.