Lego is 60 Years Old – level 1
In 1934, a Danish man makes Lego bricks. He names them ‘Lego’ after two Danish words. The words mean ‘play well’.
In 1958, people patent Lego bricks. Now the company is 60 years old. Now it says that you can play with one of its bricks in 915,103,765 ways!
The company also works with film businesses. It wants to keep the toy interesting. In addition, Lego has theme parks. The parks are around the world. They show famous places made out of the toys.
Difficult words: Lego brick (a small toy brick that you can use to build things), patent (when the government says that a company can be the only one to make something for some time), theme park (parks like Legoland or Disneyland).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.