Leonard Nimoy died – level 1
Leonard Nimoy was an actor. He died last Friday. He was ill. He had problems with his breathing.
He was a famous actor. He played Mr. Spock. Mr. Spock was a character. He was on “Star Trek.”
Leonard Nimoy played other characters, too. However, Mr. Spock was a very famous character. People remember Mr. Nimoy as Spock.
Difficult words: was (past of “is”), breathing (getting the air in and out of the body), character (a person in a film or a book).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you a fan of Star Trek?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.