Leopard in a well – level 1
This news is from India. A leopard is hungry. It looks for prey. It goes into a village. It falls into a well.
People hear the leopard. They come to the well. They see the animal. They want to help it. They try to put a rope around the leopard. However, the leopard does not like this.
In the end, they save the leopard. People move it up. The rope is around the leopard’s tail.
Difficult words: well (a deep hole in the ground where people get water), prey (animal which is eaten by another animal), rope (long line from textile).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are there many wild animals where you live?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos