Leopard in a well – level 2
A leopard strayed into an Indian village because it looked for prey. The leopard fell into a well during the night.
Local men heard noises from the well and discovered the leopard. More people came quickly to help the animal. People wanted to catch the leopard with a rope, but the animal did not make it easy.
In the end, they saved the leopard, and it was not even injured. People pulled it out of the well by a rope around its tail.
Difficult words: stray (wander), prey (animal which is eaten by another animal), discover (find), injure (hurt).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are there many wild animals where you live?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.