Leopard on a House – level 2
A leopard appeared from the rooftop of a house in India. People panicked. They clambered away from the animal in fear.
The animal attacked the man when he tried to escape. The leopard then strayed into the village and hid in a hut. It was probably as scared as the people. Luckily, no one else was injured in the incident.
Difficult words: clamber (use both hands and feet to move), stray (move), hut (small simple building with one or two rooms), incident (event).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever fought a cat?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos