Liger Cub Born in Russia – level 1
A female tiger is at a Russian zoo. There are no male tigers. Zookeepers put her with a male lion. She has a baby. The baby is called a liger. He is one of 30 liger cubs in the world.
The cub has big blue eyes. He looks adorable. One day, however, he will be very big. Ligers grow bigger than their parents. The biggest liger is over 400 kilograms.
The cub drinks milk from the zoo’s goat.
Difficult words: cub (a baby animal such as a bear or a big cat), liger (a cub that has a tiger mother and a lion father), adorable (very cute, beautiful, sweet).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.