Lion Kills an American Tourist – level 1
A tourist is in South Africa. She is 22. She is in a car. She is in a game reserve. The car windows are not closed. Windows should be closed.
A lion moves to the car. It stops one metre from the car. The woman takes pictures. The lion attacks. It bites the woman. She dies. The driver of the car is also injured.
Difficult words: game reserve (a safe area for animals), should (if you should do something, it is good to do it), to be injured (to have problems with the body).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you think the woman was wrong to do this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos