Little Horse Makes Children Happy – level 1
A miniature horse visits a hospital in New York. There are children and teenagers at this hospital. They are victims of tragedies. The horse makes their day happy.
The horse is only 81 centimetres tall. It visits only some of the children. Other children are not strong enough. They just watch.
Horses live in groups. They know what people feel. They can help people feel better.
Difficult words: miniature (very small), victim (a person who went though something difficult), tragedy (a situation when something very sad or bad happens).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of the little horse?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos