Little otter in Chicago – level 1
A little otter is found. People find her on a beach in California. She is not well. Her mother is gone. People must help her.
The otter is five weeks old, and she is better now. She weighs six pounds (2.7 kilograms) and is 22 inches long (56 centimetres). She drinks milk from a bottle. She is beginning to eat solid food.
Difficult words: otter (an animal with nice brown hair which swims and eats fish), weigh (be heavy), solid (something solid is not like water or milk – it stays the same).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
How would you name the otter? :-)
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.