Little Polar Bear in Ohio – level 1
This news is from a zoo. The zoo is in Ohio, USA.
A polar bear is born at the zoo. She is a girl. She is 200 grams heavy. The mother stops caring for her. People must help the little bear. They feed her six times a day. They feed her a special polar bear formula. After two months, she is 3 kilograms heavy.
Difficult words: care for (to help), feed (to give food), formula (baby food which is not mother’s milk).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Why do sometimes animals stop caring for their babies?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos