Liverpool bomb attack – level 1
A taxi explodes in Liverpool, UK. Police say that it is a terrorist attack.
Two men are in the car. The passenger is a man from the Middle East. He is 32 years old. He lives in the UK. He becomes a Christian in 2017. He dies in the car.
The driver is hurt. Luckily, he is not very hurt.
Some reports say that the driver sees a bomb on the man’s body. Then, he locks the man in the car. Police cannot say if it is true. The driver is very upset. He cannot tell police yet what happens in the car.
The situation in the UK is dangerous now. It is possible that another attack will happen somewhere in the country.
Difficult words: explode (when a bomb or something else breaks into many dangerous pieces with a loud noise), passenger (a person who goes in a vehicle, and he is not the driver), terrorist attack (when a person or a group of people hurt or kill somebody because of politics or because they believe in a different god).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos