London has problems with electricity – level 1
This news is from London. There is something wrong with the electricity. Sometimes, there can be an explosion.
A camera films an explosion. It happens close to two men. They are lucky. They are not hurt.
This is a serious problem. It could remain a problem for another ten years.
Difficult words: hurt (somebody who is hurt has problems with the body), could (can), remain (continue).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Has this ever happend in your home town?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.