Lonely kittens – level 1
This happens in England. Someone has fifteen kittens. The person does not want them. The person dumps the kittens. We don’t know the person’s name.
One organisation helps animals. This organisation helps ten of the kittens. The other five are safe, too.
The kittens are not well. They are full of parasites. We hope that they will go to good homes.
Difficult words: kitten (baby or young cat), dump (to leave something carelessly), parasite (small animal which lives in/on the body and makes you sick).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.