Lorry Attack in Jerusalem – level 1
There is a shooting in Jerusalem. Four soldiers die. They are three women and one man. 15 soldiers have injuries. This happens after a lorry drives into a group of soldiers.
Then the lorry goes back and it hits more people. The police start to shoot. They want to stop the driver. An Israeli tour guide also tries to stop the driver. There are many holes in the wind screen of the lorry. The police kill the driver.
The Prime Minister visits the site. He says that the attacker is a supporter of the Islamic State. The driver is a Palestinian from an Arab part of East Jerusalem. It is one of more attacks on Israeli soldiers. This attack is the biggest.
Difficult words: injury (a wound, a problem), tour guide (a person who shows tourists a city), wind screen (the front glass of a car).
You can watch the video news in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos