Lost Daughter in China – level 3
In 1994, a Chinese couple turned their backs for a few minutes and realised that their 3-year-old daughter was gone.
They have been searching for their lost child for the past 24 years. The father became a taxi driver and handed out cards to his passengers to help find his daughter.
After almost a quarter of a century, police found a woman living in Jilin Province that matched the description, and a DNA test later showed that she was the couple’s daughter. The family was finally reunited.
Difficult words: reunite (come together again).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.