Lost dog is found – level 1
A dog in England gets lost. He is lost for more than a week. A lifeboat crew sees something on the cliffs. They think it is a sheep, but it is the dog.
The dog is in good health. He is only hungry and thirsty. They move the dog to safety. They reunite him with his family.
Difficult words: lifeboat crew (people who help on the sea), cliff (large rock or rocks which are up high on a hill or mountain), reunite (be together again).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Has your dog ever got lost?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos