Lottery of 2 billion dollars – level 2
A person, bought a lottery ticket in California, US, and won 2.04 billion dollars.
The drawing usually takes place on Monday nights, but because of technical problems, it took place on Tuesday morning. The lottery is called Powerball, and it is very popular. Such a long delay in the drawing usually doesn’t happen. Lottery officials apologized, but they said that safety was important.
Joe Chahayed sold the winning ticket in his shop in Altadena, California. He’ll get a bonus of 1 million dollars. He said that he didn’t know the lottery winner.
California has a rule that lottery officials must say the name of the winner, but they don’t say other information about the person.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.