Machine Makes Books Safe – level 1
Libraries in Japan use special machines. The machines sterilize books. When you sterilize, you make something clean and safe.
How does the machine work? People put a book inside. They close the door of the machine. The machine moves the pages. It clears the dust. A special light kills bacteria. The process is 30 seconds long.
People take the book out. They take it home. They return the book later. They use the machine again.
More than 3 million machines are in Japanese libraries. Some people do not believe that the machines really work. Many people still use them.
Many old people go to a library. The coronavirus is dangerous for them. It is important to keep old people safe.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.