Man above a river – level 1
This story is about a Frenchman. He does something dangerous. He walks on a rope. The rope is 150 metres long. It is above the Seine River. This is the second time he does this. No one else ever did this.
There is no net under the rope. Also, there is no safety rope. However, there are boats on the river. If the man falls, they help him.
The man thinks positively. He does not think about falling.
Difficult words: rope (line), net (big piece of textile which can catch the man if he falls), positive (to think you will do a good job at something).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like acrobats?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.