Man and a moose – level 1
A video is on the Internet. It shows a man. He is on a boat. The boat follows a moose. The moose is in the water. The man jumps on the moose.
People watch the video. Many people call Canadian officials. The people tell them about this. The officials want to find the man. They want to know his name.
If they find him, they can fine him. The fine can be up to 100,000 dollars.
Difficult words: follow (to move after somebody), moose (the animal in the picture), official (a boss), fine (make somebody pay for something bad; the money which somebody must pay).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about what this man did?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.