Man can see again – level 1
This news is about a man. He loses his sight. He is blind. He is from Minnesota. Minnesota is in the USA.
The man is blind for 10 years. Doctors cannot help his eyes. They give him a special thing. It looks like sunglasses. This device goes in the man’s eyes. It sees for him. It sends the information to his brain.
The man can see now. He is very happy.
Difficult words: sight (the ability to see), blind (when you see), brain (the organ inside your head).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
It is great, isn't it?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos