Man can see again – level 2
An American from Minnesota began to lose his sight around 20 years ago. In 2005, he was completely blind. His disease was serious, and doctors could not help him. However, ten years later, the man can see again!
Doctors gave him a special device. They call it a bionic eye, but it looks like sunglasses. It sees instead of the man’s eyes and it sends the information to his brain.
Someone filmed the moment when the man saw for the first time in ten years. It is a very emotional video.
Difficult words: sight (the ability to see), device (an electronic thing), bionic (electronic).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
It is great, isn't it?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.