Man catches a bank robber – level 1
This happens in south London. A man is in a bank. He waits. A robber comes to the bank. He has a gun. He wants to steal money.
The man looks at the robber’s gun. He sees that it is fake. He tells the robber to leave. When the robber leaves, the man catches him. Police come and the robber goes to jail for life.
The man from the bank is brave. Police thank him and give him £1,200.
Difficult words: robber (person who steals something), fake (not real), for life (he will be in jail until he dies), brave (he is not scared).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you a brave person?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos