Man collects old Apple devices – level 2
Jimmy Grewal lives in Dubai, and for all his life, Apple computers and devices have interested him.
Grewal has a collection of about 200 Apple computers and accessories. Some of them are his own, and some of them are the ones which he wanted to have. Grewal said that the collection was special because when he looked at the old computers, if felt like looking at his own childhood. Grewal said that some of the computers weren’t very good, and not many people bought them. Yet for Grewal, they were a sign that if you work hard, you’ll be successful one day.
He wants to sell some of his computers to make enough money to organize an exhibition.
Difficult words: collection (a group of similar things that someone brings together), childhood (the time when someone is a child), exhibition (an event to display or share things).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos