Man Eats Pancakes in the Street – level 1
In Florida, a man does a strange thing. He sits in a chair at a table. He eats pancakes. He does this in the middle of the street. Someone takes a video of him doing this. He puts the video on Facebook.
The police see the video. They charge the prankster. They say that he blocks the road. They also say that he disrupts the traffic.
Difficult words: charge (tell someone what he or she does wrong), prankster (a person who does strange things to try to be funny), disrupt (cause problems, interrupt).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.