Man Eats Pancakes in the Street – level 2
In Florida, a 21-year-old man received charges from the police after he posted a video of himself on Facebook. The video showed him blocking a road while he sat in a chair at a table and ate pancakes.
Police charged the prankster with obstruction of the road and disrupting traffic. He was not arrested but he has to go to court over the event.
Difficult words: receive charges (get into trouble with the law), prankster (someone who does rude or unusual things to be funny), obstruction (something that blocks another thing), disrupt (disorganise, disturb, cause problems).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.