Man Falls Down a Building – level 1
This news is from Colombia. It is about a man. He is 43 years old. He is drunk. He is on a balcony. The balcony is 33.5 metres above the ground.
The man loses his balance. He falls down, but he is really lucky. A canopy catches him. His fall completely destroys it. But the man is fine! He is only confused.
Difficult words: loses his balance (if you lose your balance, you cannot stand on your feet well), canopy (a thing that is like a tent which people put above a building’s front door – if it rains, you are dry under the canopy), confused (if you are confused, you do not know what is happening).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.