Man finds gold coins – level 1
This is news from northern Germany. A man finds 10 gold coins. Experts come to the site. They have a metal detector. They find 117 more coins.
The coins are French, Belgian, Italian and Austro-Hungarian. Someone buried them after the Second World War
All the coins are worth 45,000 euros. The man cannot keep the coins. They are in a museum now. People give the man 2.5 thousand euros.
Difficult words: site (a place), metal detector (a thing which makes a sound when it is close to something metal), bury (to put under the ground).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever found anything?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.