Man Has a New Face – level 1
Joe DiMeo is 22 years old. He comes from New Jersey, US. He has a car crash in 2018. The car crash is very bad. Fire burns 80% of Joe’s body.
Fire burns Joe’s lips and eyelids. Joe does not have fingers. The man is in a coma for more than three months. When somebody is in a coma, it seems that he is sleeping. It takes a long time to wake up. When Joe wakes up from the coma, he starts to exercise a little.
Doctors transplant Joe’s face and hands. It means that they give him a face and hands that belong to somebody else. The surgery lasts 23 hours. It is the first successful surgery in the world.
Joe is happy. He says that there is always a reason to be happy.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this operation?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.