Man is hit by a train – level 2
At a level crossing in Poland, a 26 year-old man ignored the red light and closed barriers. He rode directly onto the train tracks and collided with a high-speed train. The train was moving at 145 kilometres per hour.
The force of the collision threw the young man and his bike backwards. He fell at the side of the tracks.
A driver who witnessed the accident quickly came to the cyclist to see if he was OK. He was lucky and that he was not seriously injured.
Difficult words: tracks (the line of rails on a railway), collide (to hit by accident when moving), witness (a person who sees an accident).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the train hitting this man?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos