Man is hit by three cars – level 1
This happens in China. A man wants to cross a road. A car hits him! The man falls on the ground. Another car comes. It runs him over.
Some people see the man. They want to help him. They stand above him. A car sees this and it stops. However, it stops too fast. A car behind it hits it. The first car moves and runs him over.
In total, three cars hit the man. They break his ribs and his left leg. He goes to hospital.
Difficult words: run over (to hit a person with a car and drive over his body), in total (in the end), ribs (a set of small bones around your chest).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Shocking, isn't it?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.