Man Moves Again – level 1
A man has a cycling accident. He cannot move below his shoulders. However, there is new technology. It lets the man move his right arm and hand again.
There are electrodes in his head. They record his brain. They send signals to another device. This device tells the muscles in his arm to move.
The man is 56 years old. He is the first person with paralysis to move again.
Difficult words: electrode (a thing which can conduct/let electricity go through), record (save information when something happens), device (an electronic thing), paralysis (when you cannot move because of an accident).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.