Man on a boat – level 1
This story is about a man. He is from Morocco. He is 20 years old. He wants to get to Spain. He hides on a boat.
He is close to the boat’s engine. Spanish police catch him. He wears a wetsuit.
Difficult words: hide (to go somewhere where nobody can see you), engine (machine that moves the boat), wetsuit (clothing for water sports and to keep warm in the ocean).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you have illegal immigrants in your country?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos