Man on Sydney Opera House – level 1
A man climbs onto the Sydney Opera House. We don’t know why he does it. People think that he is protesting something.
He is on the building for an hour. People watch him. They take pictures of him. Two officers talk to the man. They tell him to go down with them. People clap when the man comes down.
Difficult words: climb (get up), protest (to say to people that you don’t like something), clap (use their hands to make a sound to show they are happy).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
You can write here…
Have you ever been to Australia?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos