Man saved from cold water – level 1
A boat is at sea. It travels from China to San Francisco. It is going fast. It takes part in a competition.
A man is on the boat. He is working. An accident happens. Wind moves the man. He falls into the water. The water is very cold. The man is not safe.
His friends look for him. They must find him. They find him in one and a half hour. The man is in shock. He is very cold.
Difficult words: take part (do something), competition (situation when people try to be better than others).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever swum in your clothes?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.