Man saved from cold water – level 2
An accident happened during the World Clipper Race, where competitors currently race to San Francisco from China.
A competitor was changing a sail when he fell over the side of his boat. The high winds swept him away from the ship. He fell into the ice-cold water. People on the ship looked for him. It took them about one and a half hour long.
The man was in shock and his body temperature was very low.
Difficult words: clipper (fast ship), sail (large piece of strong cloth fixed onto a boat), sweep (move or push).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever swum in your clothes?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.