Man stops a train – level 1
Here is news from England. A man is at a train station. He jumps on the tracks. He stands there for a few minutes. People talk to him, but he does not move.
A train comes. The man is hard to see. He wears darks clothing. The train driver stops suddenly. The train stops close to the man.
The man is 21 years old. He goes to prison for 16 weeks.
Difficult words: tracks (two lines for the train), suddenly (quickly).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you do when you are drunk?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.