Man tries to steal a Porsche – level 2
A man tried to steal a convertible Porsche in London. He cut open the canvas roof of the car and got inside. The car’s alarm went off.
The man wanted to drive away with the car, but he was not successful, so he got back out and left. All this happened in broad daylight. Some people saw him and a security camera filmed him.
Later that same day, the man stole some clothing.
Police are asking people for information about this man.
Difficult words: convertible (a car with a roof that you can fold back or remove), canvas (a strong cloth), go off (to start making a sound), broad daylight (during the day).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this man?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos