Man tries to steal in a bank – level 1
This happens in a bank in China. A woman is at a counter. Her money is on it. A man approaches her. He takes her money.
He is 27 years old. He runs away. There are two policemen in the bank. They stop him.
The man is a criminal. He was in prison for seven months. Police let him go in July 2013.
Difficult words: counter (the place where you pay in a shop, bank, restaurant etc.), approach (come up to), was (past of “be”).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this incident?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.