Man tries “walking” to Bermuda – level 1
A man has a big ball. He puts this ball on the water. He can walk in the ball and it moves.
The man wants to do something dangerous. He wants to walk from Florida to Bermuda then to Puerto Rico and back to Florida.
Coast guards from Florida look for the man. They find him. They tell him to stop this trip, but he is stubborn. However, he later activates his beacon. A helicopter comes to get him.
Difficult words: coast guard (group of people who help people in the sea), stubborn (he does not want to change his mind), beacon (emergency signal).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you think that the man is brave or crazy?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.