Man with a special sign – level 1
This news is about a man. He is from Ohio, USA. He is 62 years old. He is a bully.
A family lives next to the man. The man makes their lives bad. He does bad things to them. He says very bad things to them. He screams at them and puts dog poop on their house. The man does this for 15 years.
Now, the man is punished. He must do a few things. He goes to prison for 15 days. Then he must clean the streets for 100 hours. Then he must have a special sign. He must hold the sign on a street. Everybody can see the sign. The sign says, “I am a bully”.
Difficult words: bully (somebody who hurts other people), poop (dogs put it on the grass, people put it in the toilet), punish (the man must do something because he did bad things).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you know people who should hold such a sign?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.