Man with Ebola tries to run away – level 1
There is Ebola in Africa. Ebola is a deadly disease. Everything started in March. Now, around 1,550 people are dead. The situation is the worst in Liberia.
Ill people must stay in quarantine. One man tries to run away. He walks through a local market. He looks for food. People see the man and panic. They run away from him. Eventually, people catch the man. They bring him back to quarantine.
The quarantine is not good enough. There are too many people in there.
Difficult words: disease (illness – something that makes you feel very bad), quarantine (closed area for very ill people), eventually (in the end).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.