Man with no legs on a mountain – level 2
A 31-year-old man lost both his legs when he was 13. He fell from a train. However, he hasn’t given up on life.
He climbed a 2,000 metre-long mountain path. He used two boxes and chains. There were people who supported him. His wife waited for him at the top of the mountain.
This mountain is not his first climb. He also climbed China’s five sacred mountains. That means that he is the first person without legs to have done so.
Difficult words: give up on life (to stop doing many things and only to survive from day to day), path (way), sacred (connected with a god or religion).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Inspiring, isn't it?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos